Find Relief for Your Aches and Pains with Calor Therapy!
Calor therapy, also known as “hot pack therapy” or “heat therapy” is a great way to treat uncomfortable or painful areas.
Heat works to loosen up the muscles, thus relieving any pain from stiff or strained muscles. This, in turn, also promotes improved mobility and range of motion in areas that may have been previously limited.
If you have been noticing achy, painful, or stiff areas, calor therapy could likely help you. Contact Biosport Physical Therapy today to consult with one of our Modesto physical therapists!
What can calor therapy do for me?
Heat increases blood flow and enhances the speed at which nutrients are sent to various parts of the body. This results in fast and effective relief.
The following are a few ways calor therapy uses heat to ease pain:
- Calor therapy is often used for older or recurring injuries. It can reduce pain when a person is experiencing arthritis or stiff joints.
- Heating pads, wraps, and gel packs can be used to relieve chronic pain in the neck and lower back.
- Calor therapy is used for treating and reducing pain for muscle spasms.
How do I know if calor therapy is right for me?
Calor therapy can be used as a treatment method for a wide variety of conditions but there are some instances where it should be avoided.
As stated by Medical News Today, calor can be very beneficial for the treatment of:
- strains and sprains
- tendonitis, or chronic irritation and stiffness in the tendons
- warming up stiff muscles or tissue before activity
- relieving pain or spasms relating to neck or back injury, including the lower back
However, calor therapy should not be used if:
- the skin is hot, red or inflamed
- the person has dermatitis or an open wound
- the area is numb
- the person may be insensitive to heat due to peripheral neuropathy or a similar condition
Find relief with calor therapy today!
At Biosport Physical Therapy, we are here to provide you with the treatment you need so you can get back to living life comfortably!